COVID-19 has changed everyone’s familiar educational routines. So we’ve made important changes too to help benefit your child’s learning experience at TIDE. I’d like to update you on those improvements and how they better protect our students, staff and families. Additionally I want you to know that we will continually be updating this section with the most up to date information on COVID-19, education in Costa Rica, and what we will be doing at TIDE Academy
For the most up to date information on COVID-19, in English, please check: The Tico Times
At this time we are set to begin physical classes: September 1st*
* Could change due to new and changing regulations
Here are the regulations that will most likely take place in the school in order to provide a healthy and safe atmosphere (please know these are subject to change).
- Teachers and staff will be required to masks or face shields while in the school building.
- A handwashing station will be located outside the front of the school and temperature of each child will be checked before entering the school.
- We will be staggering the start and end of school of each grade to prevent an influx of people entering or leaving the school at the same time.
- Parents will not be allowed in the school if they have not made an appointment
- Students will eat lunch in their designated classroom
- All classes will be limited to a maximum of 8 students including electives
- Breaks and recesses will be staggered to limit the number of students together
- New family tours or meetings will not be permitted during school hours
- All families coming from outside the country are required to complete a two-week quarantine before coming to school
- Our office manager will be doing hourly disinfecting and cleaning in all highly trafficked areas such as the common room, bathrooms, door handles and playground area.
- We have also reduced our overall classrooms in order to insure we keep our school population Below 50% capacity. Currently we will have a maximum of 50 people (including staff and students)